A brief history of GQRC and related matters
- 1999: GQRC (company number: 03813712) – a company limited by guarantee with no share capital – formed (incorporated) by Berkeley Homes as developers of Gunwharf Quays. Berkeleys people served as directors. Each leaseholder became a member of the company when they bought. Peverel (who later became Consort) were the managing agent.
- 2005: GQRA (Residents Association) formed giving voice to the residents while GQRC was still controlled by Berkeleys.
- 2008: Berkeleys begin process to handover GQRC to the residents control. Five “prospective directors” came forward as volunteers.
- 2010: Berkeleys complete the handover, the first resident directors take office.
- 2012: Consort replaced by John Mortimers (JM Estates) as managing agent.
- 2014: First GQRC AGM held in March. GQRA disbanded at end of year – as GQRC was now the voice of the residents.
- 2015: JMEstates (managing agent) taken over by Encore Estates.
- 2018: Wholesale change of the GQRC board with all standing directors resigning for various reasons & new directors appointed.
- 2019: Encore Estates replaced as managing agent by Dack Property Management (local company). Second GQRC AGM held in October.
- 2021: Dack Property Management replaced as managing agent by Alexander Faulkner Partnership (AFP ) Limited.
Please see companies house website for more information and a record of those who have served as directors over the years: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03813712